What colour are you?

We used to play together and roam, 
  All my friends felt like home. 
We stayed together day and night, 
Shared our secret and our plight. 
I didn't care about my looks, 
We would read each other books. 
We were like best friends you see, 
Stood together no matter the situation would be. 
Puberty came and I grew up, 
Reality struck me like a truck. 
I was ugly and dark, 
That's what my friends called me in the park. 
I was no more part of their group, 
No fun was left with no more exciting whoops. 
Only fun was made of me, 
Nothing was same how it used to. 
From Jim, became I black,
"Ain't allowed around whites" was my new tag. 
Even my teachers saw me with vain,
All these changes were driving me insane. 
Neither my mom nor my dad, 
Could help me with the problem I had. 
They told me this is my fate, 
My skin colour,for decades,has been receiving this hate. 
The girl I fell in love was white, 
She rejected me at the very first sight. 
She mocked me with a scornful smile, 
She broke my heart which was already agile. 
Saw the news how George was killed, 
Is this really the way our society is built? 
I can't breath were his last words, 
But isn't being black really a curse?
Skin colour gives you superiority I thought, 
But doesn't your soul should get that slot. 
Took ages to learn about this, 
That loving yourself is a bliss. 
Don't care anymore about what people think, 
Because not their face but it's their soul that stinks. 
With all the hatred they carry on their shoulder, 
They don't realise beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. 
Skin colour doesn't but your soul makes you pretty, 
Only being white doesn't makes you witty. 
All my homies,I want to share with you all, 
It doesn't matter if you're black, white or tall. 
Love yourself and believe in you, 
This world, as much as theirs, is yours too. 


15 comments:

Your life is important ❤

There you are, sitting in your home,  Whole family is around but crying alone.  Music is not helping and nor does game,  You feel everything...